Friday, May 20, 2011

If you're wondering why I'm bouncing around in ecstasy, this is it.

My mother just asked if my book was really as good as I apparently thought it was. She said, and I quote,

"I don't remember you gushing about any book this much."

The fact is.... yes. The book I just read was supremely, wonderfully, amazingly awesome and glorious and magnificent and... everything else. What is it you ask? It is the third book in a fairly recent series, titled "Penderwicks at Point Mouette".

My family loves the Penderwicks. I got the second book the day it came out in hardback (and promptly spilled a cherry slushie over it... random fact of the second.) and we all listened to the first book on CD multiple times. We all have a different favorite character; Kievan and Allie like feisty Skye, my mother and I prefer Jeffery, my dad likes decoding Mr. Penderwick's bizarre ramblings in Latin. And we all miraculously agree that it's an awesome book.

Anyway, there's my rant on the Penderwick series. (by Jeanne Birdsall, you gotta give the woman credit) I recommend you read it and then tell me what you thought about it now, before I explode. ;)


No comments: