Thursday, December 08, 2011

301rst Post!

So, my friends, this is my 301rst post on this blog. Is that some kind of milestone? I dunno, but I guess it should be. :D

In cellebration (I guess...) I shall post this poem I wrote. It is supposed to be a self portrait, but I somehow blended fairy tales into it too. Not sure how that happened, but I'm pretty proud of it anyway. ;)

Here 'tis:

there she lies
eternally cocooned in a
massive pile of blankets
(and books)
looking
for all the world
like that princess
with her twenty-one matresses
and a bowl of
long-cold peas

she draws and reads
forgotten by the world
(except for the princes
who spam her blog)
she's more-or-less
trapped
in a tower
(the back room)
only her Mother Gothel is
imaginary

a sleeping beauty
except, in truth,
she's not that beautiful
(the circles under her eyes
and greasy hair
steal much from
her appearance)
she dreams all day
as if the night was not
enough

No comments: