Saturday, December 11, 2010

Random Poem

By yours truly. :D

I wrote this for some contest (HERE), the theme being "Time's Running Out". My poem turned out sorta....... wonky. Anyway, here 'tis!


Goodbye

You know,
I didn't want to leave.
Not really.
But I didn't get a choice,
Not really.

You know,

I still love you.
Really.
But my time ran out.
Really. For good.

The clock was ticking.
Tick tick ticking.
Really.
And I couldn't stop it.
I tried my best,
Really!
My best still wasn't good enough.
I still ran out of time.



But I want you to know that,
Really,
I'm sorry.


And it wasn't my fault.
Really.
And it wasn't your fault.
Seriously.
It wasn't.


I'm not gone forever,
Not really.
I promise.



I also realized I can't write poetry at all unless it's for a contest. Go figure...

No comments: